Monday, January 23, 2012

Our First Year

Think it’s time I update this blog with our lives? I say so; it’s only been about a year ;)



Our lives are going PERFECTLY. It’s pretty amazing to me that you can go through life expecting to know what your future holds, when indeed, you have no clue. But nonetheless, life makes you happier than you could have ever imagined!


Taylon loves his career at Skyline Mine, and has learned so much from his experiences there. He has really matured a lot this past year. He even keeps up on POLITICS… who would’ve thunk?! He is still taking college classes one, by one. I’m hoping he’ll declare a major sometime soon, but he is so passive, he will just keep taking classes until he decides what is perfect for him. We are so different in the way I will decide on something at the drop of a dime, and regret it later; he gives decisions a LOT of time before deciding. While it drives me crazy sometimes, I know it’s one of his quirks that keep me grounded.


I am still running the boutique (which is the best thing that ever came into my life, after Taylon, of course!), and doing hair from home. I have a couple of ladies helping out at the store, so I haven’t had to work nearly as much as I did the first couple of months we were open. I truly love my career, although, it is one of those things I would have never imagined myself doing. I swear, you sit back and enjoy the life you are living, and God will guide you right where you need to be.


We have been married for well over a year now, and it has been by far the best year of my life. When people say the first year of marriage is the hardest, I think, “Good deal! Hopefully it keeps getting better.” (Even though I am unsure that it can, I’d be happy if it stayed as it has been)


Over Labor Day a bunch of our friends went to Yellowstone to visit our friend Parker, who was working up there for the summer. We had such a blast! I am so grateful for our group of friends. We always joke around about having “family trips,” or “family dinner” together. We hope we will always be close with them, they are the best!


Then, a couple of weeks later we had agreed we would go to Park City to a snowboarding movie premier the week later than my birthday/anniversary. So we were thinking for our actual anniversary we would take it easy and just enjoy each other’s company. Which we did, by going for a 4 wheeler ride up the mountain with Taylon’s sister, Teasha, and her hubby Tyler, Chet, and Parker. It was the most beautiful day for a ride. When we got home Taylon said lets go up north, we got in the car and hit the road (me thinking we would just go where ever our hearts led us.). Taylon had already planned the day out, without me knowing a thing! We went to Orem and picked up sushi to-go, and he took me up Provo Canyon to ride the ski lift at Sundance Ski Resort. We enjoyed each other’s company, while chowing down on sushi, in view of the changing colors of leaves. How did I get so lucky to have such an adorable husband? I love him so much!


The week later, we went to Park City with all of our friends, and had the time of our lives in our hotel room, the movie premier, and then hitting Main Street to enjoy dancing.


When we were still dating we had agreed that we would wait until we had been married for a year before we would try to get pregnant. Me, being as impatient as I am had read an article saying most couples try for an average of 3 months before conceiving. So, I talked Taylon into ‘not being careful’ sometime around July. We hadn’t started keeping ovulation until September, since that was what we agreed on. The first week in October I was about 2 days ‘late,’ so we went to Wal-Mart to pick up a pregnancy test. Taylon kept teasing me that I was only 2 days late, and that I probably wasn’t pregnant. So we went home to take the test. He came into the bathroom with me as the test changed colors. His face was pretty priceless when the test proved him wrong. I know he was just teasing me to prepare me not to get upset if it was negative… but I think in the process he convinced himself that we weren’t pregnant. Anyhow… we are due June 8th!! We can’t even wait to meet our little one! The funniest part about our “1 year until we conceived rule” is that our actual ‘date of conception’ is our anniversary! I’m telling you, God has a plan for us!


A week before Christmas we decided we would cheat, and go to the mall to Fetal Photo’s to find out the gender of our baby. We figured it would be a lot more fun for everyone to know what it was before Christmas. At 15 weeks we found out we are getting a little BOY! I had been having a hard time deciding on a name. I found several I liked, but my picky hubby was not giving into many of them. He was settled on Tate, which I liked, but didn’t love. Then we thought it would be really cool to name him after one of Taylon’s favorite motocross riders, Jeff Emig. We had decided on Emig, and had started to tell our closest friends, and relatives. Luckily before we were determined that was his name, we told Dave, Taylon’s dad. He just said “Emig Earl. You are really going to name your son ‘I’m a girl?’ That would be kind of rude.” Right he is. So that went out the window pretty quick. We have settled on a name that we both love, Axton David. Although, we are only 20 weeks, so things can definitely change in the next 4 ½ months!


Our next big project is to get the nursery ready. We are painting it off white on top, sage green on bottom, and the trim stark white. We will also be replacing the carpet in his room, as well as throughout the house. We have a lot of home projects to get done before June. At the rate we are at, hopefully our little man will take after his papa, and decide he is ready to meet the world on his due date to give us enough time to get ready. (I am obviously wishful thinking that we will come a little early so we can meet him sooner lol)


Well that’s about all I can think of at the time, and it’s looking like this post should come to an end ASAP, based on the length! I’ll try to update with pictures as soon as I can. Hope it’s not another year before I post again!


1 comment:

  1. Ash I had no idea you had a blot! Yay!! :-) congrats on the baby boy! I had no idea on that either! We just moved back from Nevada so I will have to come into the boutique and see you.

    ReplyDelete